Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Harry Potter and The Half Blood Prince

Snape: "You can't use my spells against me. I'm the half blood prince." Me: "Wait. What? Is that supposed to mean something?" People who wrote HP6 the movie: "Nope."

So I got to see the newest Harry Potter film last night. All in all I highly enjoyed myself. I thought this was Daniel Radcliffe at the top of his game. I could not help but think back to his performance in 'Extras' every once in a while. This made me happy. He got the chance to be a normal person in this film. Maybe he did not act like Harry Potter should, but I think he was pretty great as a character. Emma was also great as was the rest of the cast. I mean, for what they were, they were good performances. Having not read the books I did find myself confused by some plot devices in the flim. Luckily, they are not all necessary for just enjoying the movie. I feel bad for people who love the books, because they expect so much from the movies and I am convinced it is impossible to deliver all they desire. So, I feel like this film was highly successful (as many previous have been) in trapping the die-hard fans into seeing it as well as making it accessible to people with lives . ;) jk. I am not sure what else there is to say. This is the one HP movie that would not pain me to watch multiple times. It does give me some interest in reading the books to see all the tiny and vast plot holes I am missing. Maybe someday I will do some HP reading.

Oh yeah! Dumbledore died.

No comments:

AddThis

Bookmark and Share